All parents want to do what is best for their children, and Wallace PTA can help! The role of the PTA goes well beyond raising money for a school. Studies show that children learn more and have better self-esteem when parents are involved both at home and at school.
How does the PTA help you?
- The PTA keeps you connected. There is no better way to know what’s happening in your school than by joining the PTA.
- The PTA provides great resources for helping your child with homework or preparing for a parent-teacher conference.
- The PTA provides programs and events that enrich the daily curriculum for your child.
RISD and your PTA sponsor the following programs that make a difference in your child’s life:
- Holiday parties
- RISD Clothes Closet
- Arts in Education
- Class field trips
- Dad’s Club
- Buddy Fun Day
- Mentoring programs
- Student Awards and Recognition
Memberships are available:
- 1-person Parent/Guardian Member: $7
- 2-person (family) Parent/Guardian Member: $12
- 1-person Community Member (do not have a student enrolled): $7
- 2-person (family) Community Member (do not have a student enrolled): $12
- Faculty Member: $5
- Texas PTA Lifetime Member (must have received TX PTA Lifetime Membership Award): $4.75